Since the announcement National Identity Card Fees by National Identity Management Commission,(NIMC) that renewal of the National Identity Card will cost five thousand naira (N5,000) and other modifications fess payable through Remita
Most of NIMC staff have take the advantage to extort from from most Nigeria that have one issue or the other related to correction of data of birth, correction of Names, and addresses e.t.c
It is Illegal for any NIMC staff to collect any money that are not authorized by NIMC management, on this issue we tend to enlightening you the right National Identity Card Fees you are supposed to pay if case you need to correct any information on you National Identity Card database.
Tables Of Contents
- 1 What is National Identity Card and It’s Uses?
- 2 Is National Identity Card Free?
- 3 National Identity Card Fees [2020 Updated]
- 4 What Can Be Corrected On National Identity Card?
- 5 Compulsory Requirements for Data Modification Or Corrections.
- 6 How To Correct/Modify National Identity Card Personal Data For Adults
- 7 Condition of Getting Your Data Fields Changed Fast
- 8 How To Pay Through Remita For NIMC (National ID Card)
- 9 National Identity Card Renewal Fees [2020 Updated]
- 10 Wrapping NIMC National Identity Card Fees [2020 Updated]
What is National Identity Card and It’s Uses?
The National Electronic Identity Card (e-ID card) is a chip based card with multiple functions. It’s serve as means of identification of all Nigeria, in term of verification in banks, Travel documents and financial institutions.
Upon completion of enrollment National Identification Number (NIN) will be generated to you which is unique and different from others throughout the country
All the information about you like demographic data, fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture, other biometric data and digital signature – used all together records and give you database as legal Nigeria citizens
National Identity Database make it relatively easy to confirm and verify your identity when you engage in
Is National Identity Card Free?
There have been different reaction from Nigerians against NIMC over fee attached to National ID card, to the extent that most is asking how much does it cost to get National ID in Nigeria or is National Identity Card Free
The basic truths and reality is that The National Identification Number (NIN) is FREE! The National e-ID Card is FREE! I am very sure that the main reason for those most asked questions is due that most NIMC staff are asking from the enrollers during registration.
|NIN – 1st Issuance (Adults)||FREE|
|NIN – 1st Issuance (Minors)||FREE|
|Modifications (Adults)||#500 per updatable field;
(note Date of Birth not included in this group and carries its own fee of #15,000)
|Modifications (Minors)||#500 per updatable field;
(note Date of Birth not included in this group and carries its own fee of #15,000)
|Re-Issuance of NIN Slips||#500 in the case of loss, damage or theft,
#500 per data field in the case of change/modification of record
|Death Enrolment||Not yet activated|
|e-ID Card Re-Issuance & Activation||#5,000|
|NIMC Verification Service (NVS)||Negotiable and based on the access level requested|
|NIMC Verification Service API||Currently free access for approved, registered developers|
It’s very important for you know that all these money are illegal and not from NIMC management, the only authorized National Identity Card Fees are to be through Remita and not from hand to hands.
It is Safer and recommend to do Online Pre- enrolment yourself using Personal Computers, Internet enabled telephones and other devices, then heading to a NIMC enrolment centre near you to get you slip.
National Identity Card Fees [2020 Updated]
NIMC management has specific national identity cards fees payable directly to their account through Remita portal and not from hand to hands.
Therefore it is Illegal for any NIMC staff to collect money from you, if they are found guilty report to the NIMC management according.
It’s very important to note that you have to meet those conditions before you will eligible to made corrections or any corrections:
- Modification of data of an enrolled Citizen
- Legal Resident of age 16 years and ABOVE.
These are the approved, 2020 non-refundable National Identity Card fees Payment, Should be made Via Remita see payment details below
1. Date of Birth Modification N15,000
2. Change of Name Modification: N500
3. Change of phone number N500
4. Change of address N500
5. Correction of name: N500
Any Extortion more than that should be reported according to the NIMC management for legal actions.
What Can Be Corrected On National Identity Card?
Perhaps if find out that there has been mistakes in data you input during enrollment process of your National identity cards and there is need for you to make modifications or corrections, you have to understand that it’s not every field that is entitled for correction or modification.
Thus, some fields in the data are updatable and cannot be modified or corrected.
NIMC Approved Updatable Fields
- Date of Birth (carries a different fee, see above)
- Phone Number
- Place of Birth – State
- Place of Birth – LGA
- Place of Birth – Country (if different from Nigeria)
- Place of Origin – State
- Place of Origin – Town, Village
- Place of Origin – LGA
- Father’s NIN
- Father’s Town, Village of Origin
- Father’s State of Origin
- Father’s LGA of Origin
- Mother’s NIN
- Mother’s Town, Village of Origin
- Mother’s State of Origin
- Mother’s LGA of Origin
NIMC Approved Non-Updatable Fields
- State of Registration
- LGA of Registration
- Registration Centre
- Polling Unit
- Date of Death
- Date of Death Type
- Tracking Number
- Date of Registration
- Originating Centre
- Loading Centre
- ID Card Number
- Applicant’s Finger Print (Finger 1 to 10)
- Applicant’s Finger Print Reason (Finger 1 to 10)
- Applicant’s Signature.
Note; NIMC Working Hour Before Visiting; Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Compulsory Requirements for Data Modification Or Corrections.
Correction of data on your national identity database required proper application because you access to data is very sensitive, it might require to write an formal letter requesting that you the personality that want to update on already existing information on national identity dashboard.
The following are the procedure and required you need to process the correction of data fields on the national identity fields
- Applicants apply for modification or corrections of information on the national ID card databases are to present the original copy of the NIN slip issued to them after the first registration.
- Applicants have to pay through Remita the exact amount of fees attached the modification he/she intends to carry out, for instance in case of correction of data of birth, he/she have to pay a non-refundable sum of #15,000.
- Then Printout Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number given at the bank after payment or a printout stating the payment details if the payment was made online.
- Applicants need to write an Application Letter stating the reason for modification of data fields, he/she wishes to modify, duly signed by the applicants and supported document to back the proposed changes to be submitted accordingly.
NIMC Supporting Documents for Data Modification Or Corrections
- Change of Name
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper Extract
- Marriage Certificate (in cases of marriage)
- Change of Address
- Utility Bill
- Tenancy Agreement
- Bank Statement
- Community leader Attestation
- Phone Number due to loss or mechanical damage
- Police Report
- Level of Education
- Certificate obtained
- Change of Occupation
- Offer Letter.
How To Correct/Modify National Identity Card Personal Data For Adults
Modification or correction of old data on the National ID Card database have to follow this process below;
- Applicants needs to locate any NIMC enrollment centers closes to them and walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting and required documents (documents likes Printout Retrieval Reference (RRR), National Identity Card Modification Application letter and other important documents mention above).
- Upon provision of the required documents applicant will be issued a data modification form to fill.
- Applicants Information’s inputted on the data modification forms will be critically examine and vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck to avoid any forms mistakes and determine if the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided.
- Note: it’s highly recommended that applicants who are illiterate should come to the center along with a person who can do the form filling for him/her.
- NIMC officer will then proceed to input Applicant’s pre-filled information on the NIMC Software.
- The enrollment officer will ask the applicant to double check and verify his/her information using the applicant monitor to check for errors.
- After applicants have properly examined their information and satisfied with his/her inputted demographic information, the biometrics of the applicant will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the modification of data’s, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction.
- If possible the former NIN Slip will be retained by the enrolment officer if the modified data will affect details on the NIN slip.
- It’s very rare that the applicants will be the NIN instantly due to the speed of the network, applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 2-5 working days or more
- After some days of applicant’s processing new National Identification Number Slip having the same NIN will be issued to them.
If any case modification or corrections affects the information on the applicant’s card, the following process will take place:
- A card replacement form will be filled and the old National ID card retrieved.
- The new/modified National e-ID Card will be issued to applicant within three (3) months after re-issuance of NIN slip
Condition of Getting Your Data Fields Changed Fast
Mind you in order to make the process of modification and correction of your National identity card data fields faster, here are some the prominent conditions below
- Payment must be made before modification commences.
- Availability of network.
- Availability of NIMS Backend.
- Availability of power.
- Payment Process
How To Pay Through Remita For NIMC (National ID Card)
As said earlier you need to pay non- refundable national identity card fees for any correction you intend to make on you National Identity Card data fields each correction will cost you #500 expect correction of data of birth which is #15,000.
Below are step by step process to follow when paying for change of name on national id card, via Remita: To start the payment process,
1 To start the payment process, go to www.remita.net
2 Click the option, “Pay a Federal Government Agency”.
3. A new page will pop up. Follow the instructions and input the details below.
- Name of MDA – Input “National Identity Management Commission”.
- Name of Service/Purpose – click “others”.
- Amount to Pay – Input the amount you wish to pay.
- Pay Description – Input “Payment for (service and product you’re paying for)”.
- Payer’s Full Name – Input your full name.
4. An icon pops up, click on it and proceed to payment. An invoice page, will come up, displaying your Remita Retrieval Reference, (RRR), at the top of the page. Print, (you can photocopy it, if you wish), the invoice and pay close attention, to your RRR.
5. You can now proceed, to pick the payment method, convenient for you.
- Pay Now with Internet Banking.
- Pay at Bank Branch.
- Pay Now with Remita.
- Pay Now with Cards or Wallet
National Identity Card Renewal Fees [2020 Updated]
The question popped up on mind of most Nigeria citizen is that; should a National ID card expired in the first place? Because a lot of Nigerians are yet to receive their permanent National Identity Cards when records has shown that about 75% of Nigerians are using temporary National ID Card for their various identification and verification purposes in banks, Travel documents, pension documents, and passport documents.
For instance one Nigeria queries the national identity card fees for renewal “after 5 years I enrolled for National ID Card, I got it nearly 5 months ago. … Now I’ll prolly use it 2 months and it would have expired.”
The National ID card renewal news from NIMC disclosed through their official twitter handle on National Identity Card fees on renewal, as well as charging the sum of N5, 000 for card replacement caught people unaware.
According to the tweet by the Commission, applicants who wish to renew their card can visit any NIMC office with the required documents to obtain their card.
” The requirements include a written application with attached proof of payment receipt made through remita, bank teller, NIN slip and submit it at our office.
” Card renewal is N3000 when your card expires and card replacement is N5000 for lost or stolen cards.” NIMC tweeted.
Other modifications fees is as follows Service Fee: N500 per field (except for Change of Date of Birth which is N15,000 for processing your request only – non-refundable). Payable through the NIMC into the TSA (CBN).
Explaining the recent development in the tweet, NIMC said the focus was to ensure that all Nigerians are enrolled.
“Our main focus is ensuring that all Nigerians are enrolled and issued their NIN. Your NIN is the most important token of your enrollment.”
Similarly, Nigerians can authenticate their National Identity Number and check National Identity Card status checker through the NIMC verification portal.”
“Your NIN can be authenticated through our verification portal without your card” NIMC tweeted alongside the portal link.
“You will be issued your cards when funds permit, Please bear with us and Your NIN is generated immediately for you upon successful completion of your enrollment.”
Wrapping NIMC National Identity Card Fees [2020 Updated]
Having known the legal fees authorized by the NIMC management for the modification, correct of any of your National ID card data fields.
It’s very important to ensure that your reports any NIMC staff asking for money aside of the National Identity Card Fees.
In this article I hope I have able to enlightening you the right fees to pay and wrong ones you not supposed to pay, if you find this article helpful you can drop your comment below and like share it with your friends.