For most campers, harmful insects remain a problem that takes the fun out of the outdoors. You might love being out in the open and living the wild for a few days, but you will definitely not love the insect population.
Mosquito repellents are the faithful companions of most campers as they provide protection from mosquitoes and give some relief. You can keep mosquitoes up to 15ft away, especially if you are using a mosquito repellent made by a reputable brand like Thermacell
In this mosquito repellent review, we’re going to show you how the Thermacell mosquito repellent works.
Tables Of Contents
- 1 About Thermacell
- 2 How does the Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Work
- 3 Fuel-Powered Thermacell Mosquito Repellent
- 4 How it Works
- 5 How To Use Mosquito Repellent
- 6 Benefits of the Fuel-Powered Mosquito Repellent
- 7 Battery-Powered Thermacell Mosquito Repellent
- 8 How To Use Thermacell Mosquito Repellent
- 9 Benefits of the Battery-Powered Mosquito Repellent
- 10 Other Products by Thermacell
- 11 Wrapping Up how does the Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Work
Thermacell uses zone repellent technology to make products that protect people from harmful insects like mosquitoes. Their products are quite advanced and safe due to the fact that they do not use lotion or sprays in their repellent.
Lotions and sprays tend to be messy and, sometimes, they do not provide effective protection from mosquitoes
How does the Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Work
Thermacell’s mosquito repellent products come in two categories – Fuel-Powered and Battery-Powered.
Fuel-Powered Thermacell Mosquito Repellent
Thermacell’s fuel-powered mosquito repellent devices make of a fuel cartridge to create a 15-foot mosquito protection zone.
How it Works
The fuel cartridge in the repellent provides the heat which activates the repellents mats. When activated, the repellent mat creates a 15ft mosquito protection zones that prevent mosquitoes from bothering or biting you.
The repellent mat lasts for 4 hours and will have to be replaced once it burns out. The fuel cartridge can provide heat for as long as 12 hours.
The great thing about the Fuel-powered mosquito repellent is that it works without the use of electricity. This is perfect for outdoor-loving people as places with electricity are usually far away from the best outdoor spots.
How does the Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Work
For most campers, harmful insects remain a problem that takes the fun out of the outdoors. You might love being out in the open and living the wild for a few days ...
The 15ft protection zone created by the repellent mat is invisible and scent-free. The repellent itself is allethrin, a synthetic copy of a natural repellent found in chrysanthemum plants. It is completely safe and doesn’t pose any health risk to humans.
How To Use Mosquito Repellent
- First, you’ll have to insert the repellent mat under the grill. Make sure the mat is in place as it does the main work of repelling mosquitoes.
- Next, remove the bottom cover and screw in the fuel cartridge. Place the cover over the fuel cartridge.
- Turn the switch button to “ON” Position
- Wait for some time (about 5 seconds), then press “Start” Button.
- The repellent mat will start to burn out and create a mosquito-free zone up to 15ft.
Benefits of the Fuel-Powered Mosquito Repellent
Thermacell’s fuel-powered mosquito repellent has many benefits compared to other repellent products you’ll find on the market. Fuel-powered technology is also better than other repellent methods such as lotions, torches, traps, sprats, coils, and candles.
With this repellent, you won’t have to worry about cleaning up the mosquitoes after the operation as it does not kill the mosquitoes but repels them.
The repellent is quite easy to refill for continuous use and very effective in providing mosquito protection.
Battery-Powered Thermacell Mosquito Repellent
Thermacell’s battery-powered mosquito repellent devices make use of a lithium-ion battery to power an internal heating element that warms and activates the repellent mat.
When activated, the repellent creates a mosquito protection zone that keeps mosquitoes from bothering or biting you.
- TURN IT ON… MOSQUITOES GONE: Thermacell Patio Shield creates a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitos. Ideal for patios, decks, pools, porches, camping, and more
- HEAT-ACTIVATED: No cords or batteries. Powered by a safe and compact 12-hour fuel cartridge (included), repel without smoke, flames, or citronella. Not a messy trap or gimmicky sonic. Independently tested. EPA reviewed for safety & effectiveness
- LONG-LASTING DEFENSE: Unscented repellent mats (3 included) last up to 4 hours each and change color when time to refill. No mess, no DEET, no spray, and no on-skin chemicals make Thermacell a better solution. Easy to refill
- NATURE-INSPIRED REPELLENT: Our active ingredient is based on naturally occurring repellents found in plants. We've harnessed its power to fight the toughest mosquitoes on earth (including in your backyard)
- THERMACELL GUARANTEE: Extend your warranty to two years with registration (automatic 1-year warranty included). Developed and Tested at our New England based R&D center. We stand by our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
The device (known as “Radius”) makes use of EPA-approved pyrethroid active ingredient to create the mosquito-free zone. Pyrethroids are synthetic copies of a natural repellent found in the chrysanthemum flower.
The pyrethroid is scent-free and safe for humans within the mosquito protection zone.
How To Use Thermacell Mosquito Repellent
- First, you insert the repellent cartridge into the device
- Next, close the cover of the device and push the button on the side
- When done, the device will disperse the repellent and create a mosquito protection zone that should keep you free from bites and disturbances from mosquitoes.
This repellent comes with extra features that make it easy to use.
- It comes with a lock mode for travel. This mode keeps the device intact and non-operational as you travel.
- Another feature is the unlock mode for regular use.
- Its most impressive feature is the timer for automatic shut off. This feature shuts down the device at the desired time. If you use the device throughout the night and you want it to shut off at a certain time, you can simply set the time and allow it to take care of the rest.
Benefits of the Battery-Powered Mosquito Repellent
Radius comes with a lot of benefits just like the fuel-powered option. Due to the fact that it makes use of battery and not fuel or spray to create mosquito- free zone, it has the following benefits.
- It is effective in protecting you from mosquitoes
- It is portable
- It’s rechargeable battery makes it easier to reuse when it runs out. You wouldn’t have to replace anything, simply plug in and recharge.
- Its repellent does not pose any health risks to humans within the mosquito protection zone.
Other Products by Thermacell
Thermacell also sells tick control tubes which aim at eliminating ticks through the use of their host – mice. The tubes contain an insecticide – permethrin that kills ticks when they become exposed to it.
The tubes are quite effective and safe to use. Also, you won’t have to bother yourself with applying the tick treatment every time as you only need to do so twice a year.
Thermacell also sells other mosquito accessories that make staying in the outdoor more exciting.
Some of these mosquito accessories include
You can also buy refills for the battery-powered and fuel-powered Thermacell mosquito repellents on its site.
That’s all on this mosquito repellent review. Following the guide, you should be able to use and activate any of Thermacell’s mosquito repellent products with ease.
Thermacell’s products are quite effective and durable which is why they are one of the best in the market.
Wrapping Up how does the Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Work
That concludes the article the tutorial on how to use used Thermarcell’s mosquito repellent to kill mosquito without using chemical substance, its automated device that help you save money on buying insecticides and keep you healthy…
Do you want to buy Thermarcell’s mosquito repellent now? Then we recommend that you should buy Thermarcell’s mosquito repellent from Amazon with a lot of good customer Reviews.
Thus, I hope you like this reviews? If yes kindly share our post to you love once, and subscribe to our newsletter to receive our free coupon tips and future updates.